Transfer News: Man Utd Target James Rodriguez Heading to AS Monaco


AS Monaco are fast closing in on FC Porto star and Columbian international James Rodriguez who has been on Manchester United's radar for some time now.

It appears he will be going to the free spending French club along with team mate Joao Moutinho in part of a £60million move for the duo.

Rodriguez added to speculation by admitting earlier, "Honestly, I think I'll go," the Colombia international told Ojogo.

 "I am not sure of the timing, but I think I'll leave. A player always want to look ahead and play for a bigger club.

 "Porto is a great club, but there are even more important (clubs) and I want to continue and to achieve things.

 "If I stay I'll be happy, but if I go my heart will be with Porto."

The 22 year old winger has been in good form for the Portuguese champions with 10 goals this season and a further 8 assists from 24 league appearances.