Zenit Midfielder Axel Witsel Tempted by PSG Move


Belgian international and Zenit midfielder Axel Witsel has admitted that it would be tempting to make a switch to Paris Saint-Germain.




The 24-year old moved from Benfica to Russian side Zenit St Petersburg for a big transfer fee of around €40million where he made 44 appearances in all competitions during last season.

PSG would be only one of few teams who would be able to prize away the Belgian with the amount of cash which they have to spend.

They have been interested in a move for Witsel and have been toying with the idea of exchanging Ezequiel Lavezzi plus some cash.

Witsel spoke about his future to French source Sudinfo, saying this: " For now, I focus in my head, 100% of the Zenit."

" PSG is of course part of the clubs that leave no indifferent footballer. In absolute terms it can not refuse, but it is limited to that. "

" Laurent Blanc, who has been appointed coach, he likes me? I do not know. And me, all I know about him is his sporting career. Now, while football can go very fast, but I can not say more, because I have no cards in hand . "